The Open Call aims to engage entrepreneurs, companies (e.g., SMEs, mid-caps) and researchers that regularly develop and integrate applied research in the field of AI, to develop new research and applications for AI, and contribute to the enrichment of the available pool of research and technological tools.
C1. Bio-inspired deep learning
C2. Human-centred interactive explainable AI
C3. Combining deep learning-based computer vision and classic path-planning/ control for autonomous UAC cinematography tasks
C4. Innovative solutions for fake news detection in line with fundamental rights and the developing EU regulations
C1. Evidence Collection in Digital Media Authentication
C2. Navigating multi perspectivity in media heritage collections
C3. Leveraging the power of media archives through Artificial Intelligence
Track #1: RESEARCH
- Targets academia and researchers working in AI/ media to increase the value of the AI4Media ecosystem by developing and integrating new research in AI media domains.
- Projects funded under the Research track will run for 12 months and receive up to €50.000 each.
Track #2: APPLICATION
- Targets entrepreneurs, companies (micro-SMEs, SMEs, mid-caps) to develop innovative AI applications for the media sector by building on the research coming out of AI4Media or by adopting AI solutions from other sectors to the media sector.
- Projects funded under the Application track will run for 9 months and receive up to €50.000 each.
The AI4Media – Open Call #1 will fund projects implemented by single entities (groups of entities are not eligible) that are considered eligible under H2020 rules. The following type of entities are invited to submit their innovative research or application ideas:
- European mid-caps, SMEs and micro-SMEs
- Individual web entrepreneurs and individual sole-traders.
- European secondary and higher education establishments, research institutes and other
not-for-profit research organisations.