This call focusses on proposals of medium experiments (maximum duration of 5 months) in the area of IoT (Internet of Things) and 5G.
– The focus on IoT covers topics such as (non exhaustive list): smart devices, smart buildings, smart cities, smart interfaces, sensors and monitoring devices and (wireless) IoT networks and protocols, IoT architectures, security, power consumption, battery life,..
– The focus on 5G covers topics such as (non exhaustive list): networks, MIMO, MultiRadio Access technologies, end-to-end performance, contextual awareness, intelligent data mining, (distributed) cloud, software-defined networking and network function virtualization. new applications and requirements
Experiments targeting other areas, applications and/or technologies can also be submitted, but experiments in the area of IoT and 5G will be prioritized during evaluation. In addition, these calls envisage experiments by which existing products or services are tested, implemented or optimized on the Fed4FIRE+ testbeds rather than proposing or developing new ideas from scratch.
The call is open to single entities (consortia are not allowed) eligible for participation in the EC H2020 projects, which are not part of the Fed4FIRE+ project consortium. Only one experiment per proposer will be selected for funding, but proposers who have submitted proposals in previous calls of the Fed4FIRE+project are allowed to re-submit.
Selected experiments may obtain a maximum funding per experiments of up to € 55,000 and a financial support to the Fed4FIRE+ partner(s) acting as a Patron of € 5,000. A maximum of 5 experiments are expected to be funded under this call.
– Feasibility Check Deadline: 08/09/2018 (deadline for submission of draft proposal to Fed4FIRE+ partner acting as Patron).
– Final application submission deadline: 18/09/2018, at 17:00 h. (Brussels local time)
– Targeted acknowledgment of selection: 30/09/2018.
– Start of the experiment: October, 2018.
– End of the experiment and final report submission: February, 2019 (including final reporting).
In addition, medium experiments must attend FEC4 Tutorials and Demos on October, 08-10th, 2018 and undertake a presentation and a formal review at FEC5 on March, 2019.
Fed4FIRE+ is a Research and Innovation Action under the European Horizon 2020 Programme addressing the topic Future Internet Research and Experimentation. The project, which started 01/01/17 and will run until the end of 2021, aims at running and further improving Fed4FIRE’s “best-in town” federation of experimentation facilities for the Future Internet Research and Experimentation initiative is the largest federation of testbeds in Europe.
More info & apply https://www.fed4fire.eu/