Among major outcomes of the project, wecan emphasize:
- The development of models and tools for the prediction performance of 100Gbits/s
optical transmission systems.
- The design and the realization of an integrated coherent receiver ; all the basics
technologies were entirely developed within the project in the Ile-de-France area
from the packaging to the photodiodes, and TIA amplifier, the coherent mixer
and the reliability test.
- The design and the development of very high power 14xx semiconductor pump diode. Up to 550mW of output power has been obtained which represents the highest power for distributed Raman amplification to date for a commercial pump module.
Number of scientific articles published: 14
– Optics Express, Vol. 20 Issue 2, pp.1022-1032 (2012) “On nonlinear distortions of highly dispersive optical coherent systems” ; F. Vacondio, et al.
– Photonics west 2012 San-Francisco Proc. of SPIE Vol. 8241 82410X-1 ; « Extremely Low Losses 14xx Single Mode Laser Diode leading to 550 mW Output Power Module with 0-75°C Case Temperature and 10 W Consumption” ; J.-R. Burie*et al.
– ECOC 2012 Amsterdam, P4.01 :” Spectral shaping tradeoffs in Root-Raised-Cosine PDM-QPSK nonlinear transmission », P. Ramantanis et al.
– ECOC 2011 Genève We.8.K.3 : Power Management of Optoelectronic Interfaces for Dynamic Optical Networks , Morea et al.
Number of patents filed: 0
Number of product’s innovation: 2
– Egide : New product line “coherent receiver packages” and associated building blocks, Possible turnover 500k€ and 3 anticipated jobs in 2013 (in Bollene), 1500k€ and 9 jobs in 2014 (at least the same as 2014 in 2015)
– 3S Photonics : 92+40 prototypes sold to an major customer , product line implementation in Villarceaux for 14xx high power Diode
Number of product’s innovation service: 0
Number of projected jobs created: 9
Number of jobs maintained: 0
Number of related companies creation: 0