The results of the project are :
– a Benchmark tool that allows to measure the electric consumption of a desktop
– a modelization tool that allows to calculate a fine estimate of the electric consumption according to the main indicators of activity (CPU and RAM charge) of a desktop
– a DESKOLO server that allows to collect the energy information of the computer equipment of a Company or Local Authority, and to launch the wake up of the desktops
– a DESKOLO agent (installes on the desktops or laptops) that allows to collect the activity information, to send it to the DESKOLO server, to shut down the equipment at a planned hour. This agent also allows to encourage ecological behavior for the users.
Number of scientific articles published: 5
– Communication with the Committe of sustainable Real Estate of the Defense user association – 29/09/2009
– Communication in a conference at Linux Solutions 2011 (” Deskolo – Mesure et contrôle du bilan carbone d’un parc de machines”)
– Presentations on the Mandriva stand at Linux Solutions – 2010, 2011, and on the Mandriva stand at the show for City Halls and Local authorities – 2012
– Blog edited on the DESKOLO Web site : http://www.wallix.org/2011/08/02/deskolo-project-modeling-the-power-consumption/
– Presentation at the RFIA conference (january 2012) : http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/66/09/67/PDF/rfia2012-demonstrations-011.pdf .
Number of patents filed: 0
Number of product’s innovation: 2
– New version of Pulse (Mandriva solution) including the management of the ecological imprint of the desktops.
– New version of the Mandriva distribution : OpenMandriva, which includes the functionnalities of the Deskolo agent
Number of product’s innovation service: 0
Number of projected jobs created: 0
Number of jobs maintained: 2
Number of related companies creation: 0