Project plan and deliverables:
– Anticipate the end-users needs and integrate them into the design of the hardware architecture of future computing systems with more than 100,000 computing cores
– Optimise OS, libraries and tools for this future server’s architectures
– Validate the hardware architecture with adaptations to the expected parallelism level
– Provide a server’s prototype for data processing centres, HPC, large online applications, and validate the adaptations needed for selected software applications
– Address grand challenges at the Petaflops scale
– Cooperate with HPC projects
Main phases of the project:
– Hardware architecture, integration and performances–> technological options –> prototype
– Basic tools (OS, libraries,…) + performance improvement tools (threads management, adaptive optimisation)
– Applications: simulation codes, management of large databases, multimedia data processing (life science, entertainment)
Number of scientific articles published: 50
About 50 publications, mainly written by the laboratories.
Number of patents filed: 0
Number of product’s innovation: 15
Optimization of codes from Dassault, ESI, Eurodecision, EDF; Bull petaflopic architecture and tools; Astek codlet finder by CAPS.
Number of product’s innovation service: 4
VOD transcoding service offer by Resonate MP4; intensive computing services on
demand by Bull; Creation of an Intensive computing Master by UVSQ and ECP;
Number of projected jobs created: 30
15 techniques et 15 commerciaux
Number of jobs maintained: 0
Number of related companies creation: 0
Extrem computing Business unit created by Bull for the HPC market.