– Optical packet switching for high-datarate converged networks
– Architectures for multilayer transport networks
– Multimode transmission for high-datarate transmission
– Techniques for transmission and energy-efficient flexible modulation at 400 Gb/s and beyond
A few highlights from this ongoing project:
– Proof-of-concept demonstration of elastic coherent packet reception with up to 16-QAM signaling;
– Realization of a complex I&Q Mach-Zehnder modulator (CMZM) integrated with broad modulating bandwidth and low driving voltages;
– A coherent 16-QAM OFDM transmitter and receiver operating at 50 Gb/s has been built (characterization ongoing).