The XVISION project offered the possibility to develop a true logarithmic sensor using an array of photodiodes operated in photovoltaic mode. Contrary to most logarithmic imager designs, the array of photodiodes is operated in photovoltaic mode and the open-circuit voltage across the p/n junction is proportional to the exact and pure logarithmic value of the incident light intensity. An analog camera which incoporates this sensor has been developped. Secondly, new intelligent image processing algorithms fitted to the image provided by the camera have been developped. Thus, the advantages and the ways of improvement have been highlighted.
Number of scientific articles published: 4
Number of patents filed: 0
Number of product’s innovation: 4
Camera ( including NIT sensor ) + 3 softwares
– Use of a new generation of sensor based on an active matrix generating a signal indexed on contrast
– Excellent image stability whatever the scene illumination
– Ultra high dynamic range
– low noise.
New developments on Evitech’software Jaguar :
– detection with car lights on at night
– detection in a scene containing a portion of the sky, even when the sun crosses the sky portion.
– contrast enhancement by histogram equalization
– correction of interleaving effect.
Obstacle detection :
– use of photometric gradients in images
– line by line analysis of camera data
– SLAM ( Simultaneous Localization And Mapping ): specific development of mathematical tools adapted to XVISION camera.
Number of product’s innovation service: 0
Number of projected jobs created: 5
Number of jobs maintained: 0
Number of related companies creation: 0